Hard cider and cheddar cheese combine to make a zesty, tangy cheese dip that is perfect for tailgating, parties or late night snacking. Pair this cheesy dip with my Soft Pretzel bites for the perfect fall snack!
Hard Cider Cheese Dip Recipe
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup hard apple cider
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper
Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Once butter is melted, sprinkle flour over melted butter and whisk constantly until flour turns golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Slowly whisk in hard cider until incorporated. Whisk in ground mustard, Worcestershire sauce, & salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, whisking occasionally, until sauce begins to thicken.
Reduce heat to low and add cheese, one handful at a time, whisking to incorporate between each addition. Once cheese is fully incorporated and melted, remove from heat.
Serve with fresh soft pretzels, sausage bites or apple slices.
- Substitute your favorite beer for the cider in this recipe for a twist. Let’s face it, beer, pretzels and cheese just go together.
- Add diced jalapeños or a splash of sriracha sauce to up the heat factor if you like things a little spicer.
- Want the flavor without the alcohol? Most of the alcohol will burn off but feel free to substitute non-alcoholic beer or cider in the recipe.
- Add chopped crisp bacon for that extra YUM!
I think you all know how much I love fall and cozy recipes! Don’t miss my Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili recipe for those cooler nights. Just toss everything in the pot for a homey, tummy warming meal at days end. If you’re looking for other dips or recipes for entertaining, you have GOT to try my Crockpot Corn Dip!!
Make sure you don’t miss out on any of my recipes, tips, manicure ideas and GIVEAWAYS. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter. Its FREE, fun and we promise not to sell your name to anyone!