Don’t you just love soft pretzels? Let me share one of my favorite food “hacks” with you — using store bought (pre-made) pizza dough for your soft pretzel bites! Exact same, fluffy taste! These are so good, you’ll want to make a LOT so you can share with your friends and family. We love a good party food or honestly, any excuse for a delicious snack. This quick soft-pretzel bites recipe is soon to be one of your faves.
Soft-Pretzel Bites Recipe
- Store-bought pizza dough (this will save you so much time!)
- 10 cups water
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- 1 large egg yolk, whisked with 1 Tablespoon water
- Everything seasoning, salt, or cinnamon sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour your work surface then cut the dough into 1-inch pieces. Form into balls.
- In a large heavy-bottomed stock pot set over medium-high heat, whisk together the water and baking soda. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
- Working in batches, boil the pretzel bites for 1 minute, then using a slotted spoon, transfer them into a single layer on the prepared baking sheets, spacing them at least 1 inch apart.
- Brush the pretzel bites with the egg wash then sprinkle them with topping of choice. I chose salt for these! (🤤)
- Bake the pretzel bites until they are golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
Check out more of my simple recipes and party food!