By now you’ve likely heard of Galentine’s Day, which takes place on February 13th. I *love* any opportunity to love on my friends, and this pre-Valentine’s Day celebration of friendship is the perfect occasion to do that! Heart-shaped food, thoughtful gifts, and fun crafts? That’s my idea of a great celebration. Here’s how to celebrate your girlfriends with a Galentine’s Day Party!
This post contains affiliate links. If you shop through one of them I receive a small commission, and for that I am so grateful!
Sweet Treats Everyone Will Love
Cheers to the girls! Sharing yummy food with loved ones is my jam! You are your friends are sure to be smitten with these Valentine’s Day themed recipes.
Homemade Heart-Shaped Pop Tarts
These are so cute and surprisingly simple to make. The key? Use pre-made pie crust & strawberry jam! Just cut, seal with water and press together with a fork. Bake at 350° for 12-15 mins. To make your own icing, mix the same strawberry jam with powdered sugar and a splash of milk! Decorate with Fancy Sprinkles. Here’s a quick video to show you how it’s made!
@rachel_dodge Homemade heart shaped pop tarts! 💖 ♬ You Right – Doja Cat & The Weeknd
Favorite Chocolate Chip Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix on low speed until blended. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated. Switch to a wooden spoon and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into ball; shape into heart and put on the baking sheet 2″ apart.
- Bake the cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned and the tops feel firm when lightly touched, 10-13 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 10–12 cookies.
Fancy popcorn is always a hit! You can really add any kind of toppings to your taste and for any occasion! On a cookie sheet, lined with parchment, lay out pretzel sticks. Melt white chocolate or candy melts, and drizzle half of it over the pretzels. Then, layer on a bag of kettle corn popcorn (we use Angie’s boom Chika pop sweet and salty, the best popcorn ever!). While the chocolate is still wet, add another layer of pretzels and then drizzle the second half of chocolate over layers. Add more popcorn & toppings of your choice, like valentine sprinkles, colored m&ms, white chocolate chips, etc. Let the everything harden for 10-15 minutes & then break it apart. Serve and enjoy!
Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board
Who doesn’t love a holiday-themed charcuterie board?! Especially when it’s filled with all the best sweet treats. You can do this so many ways!! Stick to heart shapes, red, and pink, and you’re set!! For my board, I had to use these pineberries — so good!
Gift Ideas: Valentines for Your Galentines
I love, love, love, loving on my friends. You probably do too! Here are some of my current faves, perfect for V-day but classic enough for year around!
Center: 4K Gold Plated Heart Stud Earrings (under $15!)
Right: ‘loved.’ Pullover
Friends Who Craft Together, Stay Together
Who said crafting is for kids? Adult Crafts are all the rage — just ask Pinterest. 😉 Here is a simple craft you can do with your friends or on your own to make favor tags. The possibilities are endless. Gluten-free salt dough ornaments! You can use cookie cutters to make any shape but for this project, hearts are adorbs!