This recipe couldn’t be easier and makes those last minute holiday crafts a cinch! You may already know that Mia is allergic to gluten so we are always adapting “regular” recipes to fit her lifestyle. Now even the most sensitive kids can have fun making these fun ornaments.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the salt and stir for 1 minute to dissolve the salt. (Some salt may not dissolve, this is fine).
- Turn off the heat and stir the coconut oil into the salt and hot water mixture. Set aside.
- Combine cornstarch and salt mixture. Stir the mixture carefully. (Be careful, it’s HOT)
- Let the dough cool until you can touch it with your hands. Knead the dough.
- Roll dough out and cut! Be sure to punch a hole for adding a string before baking. Bake at 200 degrees for several hours or until completely dried.
- DECORATE! Paint messages or names and tie to a small tree for Christmas or use as tags for birthday gifts or Valentine’s Day favors. The possibilities are endless!