If you’re looking for an easy and delicious tomato soup recipe to warm your bones or provide the comforting memories of Mom, look no further than this recipe. With just a handful of ingredients you can create a homemade tomato soup that beats canned, hands down. Simply toss ingredients in your slow cooker and let it bubble away. A few hours later you will be greeted with yummy tomato soup!
This post contains affiliate links. If you shop through one of them I receive a small commission, and for that I am so grateful!
Best Ever Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2 (28 oz) Cans Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 15 Ounce Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream, optional
- Add all of the ingredients except for the heavy cream to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender or puree the soup in a regular blender (in batches) and return to the slow cooker.
- Stir the heavy cream.
- Season to taste.
Tips for Making Tomato Soup
If your tomato soup comes out a little bit too bitter or acidic, try adding up to 1 tsp of baking soda. Its a good idea to test your soup before adding the cream. This will this help avoid curdling by neutralizing the acid.
What can I add to Tomato Soup?
If you want to add a little pizazz to your tomato soup recipe, try topping with any of the the following for interest and/ or texture:
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh herbs. Try basil, oregano, or cilantro.
- Toasted seeds like pumpkin or sunflower.
- Flavored olive oil
- Goldfish Crackers
- Chopped bacon
- Sour Cream
Shop This Post
Click the images to shop my faves!