These 3 ingredient pumpkin chocolate chip cookies just scream fall! If you love all things PSL, you’re going to love this super easy cookie recipe that calls for just 3 ingredients! Yes, just three! The result? A soft, tasty pumpkin cookie with bits of chocolate. These pumpkin cookies are perfect for enjoying with coffee, a mug of hot cocoa or a glass of milk.
3 Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 15 oz. Can of Pumpkin Purée (not pie filling)
- 1 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
Mix all ingredients together until well mixed.
Use a cookie scoop to place large scoops onto a parchment or Silpat lined cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 for 9-12 minutes. Remove to rack to cool.
Easiest pumpkin cookies ever!
Tips and Variations:
Sweet chocolate is surrounded by soft tender pumpkin baked cookie perfection! The ingredient that makes these so amazing and quick is cake mix! Want to mix it up? Try these variations.
- Add ins– Substitute semi-sweet chocolate chips for mini chocolate chips, milk or dark chocolate chips. Add in raisins, dried cranberries chopped nuts, pepitas or oats for extra flavor and/or texture (about ½ cup).
- Cake Mix- Substitute spice cake mix for a more traditional pumpkin pie flavor, or add in 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice to yellow or white cake mix for the classic flavor.
- Lumps- It can be hard to get the lumps out of the cake mix. Sift the cake mix before adding in the pumpkin to get rid of clumps.
- Egg- If you find your cookies are too dense you can add an egg to make it a bit lighter. It won’t be 3 ingredients anymore though.
- Bake– Do not undercook these cookies. Make sure the edges start to brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
How to Store Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Store cookies on counter for up to 5 days, loosely wrapped with plastic wrap or foil. If placed in an airtight container, they may become sticky. You can pop them in the refrigerator for 7-8 days.
- Freeze cookies that have been completely cooled in an airtight container or freeze proof bag for up to 3 months. Simply leave on counter to thaw. Pop into microwave for 10 seconds for a nice warm up.
I hope you’ll love this easy 3 ingredient pumpkin cookie recipe. Please let me know if you try it! If you LOVE pumpkin as much as I do, you won’t want to miss my Pumpkin (protein) Cold Foam Recipe either. Its great to top off a latte or cold brew and taste just like Starbucks (shhhh!). And have you signed up for my newsletter yet? Its FULL of fall inspiration, recipes, shopping and so much more!