These gingerbread cookie butter truffles are all the things that scream fall to me! Sweet and spicy with a little bit of chocolate. They are so delicious and super easy to make, making them perfect to whip up for parties or as a sweet weekend treat. In addition, they’d make a nice gift for a favorite teacher, friend or family member.
this post contains affiliate links. if you make a purchase through them I may receive a small commission and for that I am extremely grateful. Thank you!
Gingerbread Cookie Butter Truffles
- 8 oz gingersnap cookies ( I used Stauffers)
- 1 jar cookie butter ( I used Biscoff)
- Melted chocolate chips
- Flakey sea salt (for garnish)
Place gingersnaps into a food processor and pulse until they are finely ground. Add cookie butter and mix under combined. Use a small cookie scoop to scoop balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet. You may need to roll balls between hands to make them smooth. Melt chocolate chips a couple of minutes at a time in microwave, stirring often, until fully melted. Using a fork, dunk cookie balls into chocolate until coated. Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with a little flaked salt. Allow chocolate to harden. Enjoy!!
- Heat cookie butter in microwave a little at a time until a more liquid consistency for easy pouring.
- Chill cookie balls for a few minutes in freezer before dipping in chocolate to avoid them falling off fork, or falling apart in chocolate.
- Store truffles in an airtight container for 3-4 days at room temp or in the fridge or freezer for weeks.
- Try dipping in white chocolate and decorating with sprinkles, chopped nuts, or gingersnap crumbs for different occasions, themes, etc.
Just looking at these pictures again is making my mouth water! Ha! If you live this recipe, be sure to also check out my chocolate covered stuffed dates recipe as well. Its another scrumptious treat that is easy to make and makes a thoughtful gift.