This delicious loaded hummus plate is not only eye catching but refreshing and tasty, especially for these hot summer days. Creating a hummus plate is a great option for hors d’ouevres or even as a meal and definitely fits the “girl dinner” trend that is so popular right now!
The loaded hummus plate is easy to assemble with just a handful of ingredients and it great served with warm pita, crispy pita chips and even some crispy vegetables like celery and carrots. It is a great option for folks who are vegetarian or gluten-free too!
Loaded Hummus Plate
- Hummus ( I used Lemon & Beet Flavor)
- Cucumber & Tomato salad (cucumbers, tomatoes, orange peppers, could add red onion)
- Pickled heirloom cauliflower
- Feta cheese
Simply spread hummus onto tray, platter or plate. Add salad and pickled cauliflower. Sprinkle with crumbled Feta cheese.
Options: Easily tailor this your own tastes and ingredients you have on hand. Other ingredients you might like to add:
- Pine Nuts
- Drizzle of good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh Herbs
- Garbanzo beans
- Chopped walnuts or almonds
- Red pepper flakes (for a little kick of spice)
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Fresh veggies including tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper, cucumber, snap peas, carrots, avocado
- Pickled veggies like jalapeños, artichoke hearts, giardiniera, onions, peppers, garlic.
So as you can see, this recipe is flexible and so simple!! Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.
For other great “girl dinners” don’t miss these Snack Plates Ideas that are easy and tasty!