These easy ghost hand pies are the perfect “not-so spooky” Halloween treat! They’re like eating a mini, super cute pumpkin pie! Not only are they adorable, but with only 6 ingredients, they are super easy to make, and perfect for an afternoon snack or Halloween party treat.
Easy Ghost Hand Pies – Ingredients
Makes 6 Ghost Hand Pies
- 2 pie crusts
- ¾ cup pure, canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
1. Make your egg wash by whisking together one egg and water and set bowl aside.
2. Combine the other egg, pumpkin puree, sugar, heavy cream and pumpkin pie spice. Set bowl aside.
3. Roll out the pie crusts and cut dough into an oval shape. Free hand works fine, as it gives the little ghosts personality!
4. On the top half of the oval, cut out the ghost eyes and mouth by using the backside of a piping tip (make sure to do this upside down, as you will be folding over the filling to seal).
5. Brush egg wash onto the edges of the pie crust.
6. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the pumpkin pie filling onto the bottom half of each ghost.
7. Fold over the top piece & the edges in, to create folds along the sides and bottom. This will achieve the ghost like look! Press along the edge to seal them.
8. Brush the top of each hand pie with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
9. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes.
10. Serve warm or room temperature. Enjoy!