Not long ago I shared an easy recipe for frozen yogurt bark. It is so yummy and easy to prepare that I’ve been keeping a batch in the freezer virtually ever since for a quick little sweet treat that is practically guilt free. With the upcoming holiday, I thought it might be fun to create a patriotic version and thus, this Patriotic American Flag Yogurt Bark was born!
Patriotic Frozen Yogurt Bark
- Greek yogurt
- strawberries (chopped coarsely)
- coconut chips/flakes
Line baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper (make sure the baking sheet fits in your freezer! I love this one) Spread yogurt on sheet in a thin layer. Arrange blueberries to create a square in left hand corner. Sprinkle strawberries in stripes along rest of the yogurt. Fill in blank spots with coconut to alternate red and white stripes.
Place in freezer and freeze until frozen through (approx. 3 hours). Remove from sheet and break into to pieces to serve.
Tips for Making Yogurt Bark
- Use full fat yogurt for the best texture (creamier) and taste. I used plain but you could use your favorite flavor and experiment with combinations.
- Don’t skip lining the tray with parchment or waxed paper before making your bark. If you make it directly on the tray it will be very difficult to remove.
- Store bark in an airtight container or zip loc bag in freezer for up to 3 months.
- Use your favorite ingredients! Try a variety of fruits, mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, honey, caramel drizzle, cocoa nibs, sprinkles, chopped up cookies, cereal, etc. Let your imagination run wild!
Hope you’ll try this easy recipe. Your kids will love it (and love to help) and its great to have on hand for a healthy, cool snack during warm days! Happy Independence Day!!